Introduction to powder information
Powder compared to acrylics and enamels
This and the following pages will give information and comparisons of powder coatings verses acrylics, enamels, polyurethanes and two packs. It will also explain what to look for and how to test for bad powder coating.
Powder coating - the basics
- As the name suggest powder coating is applied as a powder but looks like normal paint when cured.
- Powder coatings can be repaired.
- Powder coatings can be compounded and polished.
- Powder Coating is tougher than wet painting.
- The powder melts and forms a liquid at about 200 degrees Celsius.